Wide-Area Motion Imagery (WAMI) for Aerostats and Masts
Simera is an exportable wide-area motion imagery (WAMI) sensor system with a payload light enough for both small aerostats and masts. Much like its Kestrel predecessor, Simera can monitor an entire city-sized area at once, detecting vehicles and moving dismounts in near real-time. In addition, Simera provides operators with a readily accessible digital video recording of the entire field of view for later analysis.
At only 40 pounds (18.1 kilograms), the electro-optical Simera comes in at about one fourth the weight of its Kestrel predecessor, while providing nearly the same range of coverage.
Optimized at a mid-range resolution to deliver the broadest possible situational awareness, the Simera WAMI system works with high-resolution, narrow-field cameras to provide operators the ability to get a close-in look at targets of interest. Simera operators can follow activity in multiple streaming windows and create user-defined “watchboxes,” enabling automated detection alerts.
Given its light weight, the Simera system can be flown on smaller aerostats, making it suitable for rapid deployment and expeditionary missions. Indeed, the entire system—aerostat and ground control station included—can be transported in one Humvee and made airborne in under three hours.
Simera’s features include:
- Resolution optimized to detect moving vehicles and dismounts
- Unlimited pan and digital zoom within entire field of view
- Ability to cue high-resolution full-motion video cameras
- User-defined “watchbox” option provides sensor operators with automated detection alerts
- Motion imagery tagged, indexed, and archived
- Ruggedized system for easy operation and maintenance
- Streaming video windows to support multiple sensor operators at once
- Streaming video to handheld devices
Simera’s affordability and rapid deployment capability make the system an excellent choice for:
- Force protection
- Border security
- Operational surveillance
- Disaster relief support
- Anti-terrorism security
- Humanitarian assistance
- Sporting or large event security
- Port or rail security
- Logistics hubs in developing countries
- Anti-poaching monitoring
Customers for the Simera system include both domestic and international government and commercial entities. For more information about the Simera system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.