Dual-sensor system to detect and locate sources of enemy fire.
Dual-Sensor Hostile Fire Detection for Aerostats and Masts
Serenity is an advanced hostile fire detection (HFD) system that combines electro-optical (EO) and acoustic sensors to pinpoint the origin of heavy weapons fire and explosive detonations from up to 10 kilometers away in any direction. This enables a response force to rapidly react to, and potentially deter, further enemy attack.REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Serenity features include:
- 360-degree area coverage of over 200 km sq
- Combined EO and acoustic data provides high accuracy rate
- Fewer false positives than standard single-sensor HFD systems
- Integrates with existing surveillance systems for automated video cueing
- Cues to existing video surveillance systems and displays location
Serenity can be employed as standalone system on both masts and aerostats (and, potentially, manned and unmanned aircraft as well). On an aerostat, however, it can also be coupled with a wide-area motion imagery (WAMI) system, providing operators with additional near real-time and archived imagery.
The Serenity system is an affordable fire detection system adaptable to a variety of uses and ready for deployment to prevent attacks from becoming full-scale assaults.
- Force protection
- Base protection
- Border security
- Logistical hub protection
Customers for the Serenity dual-sensor hostile fire detection system include both domestic and international government entities. For more information about Serenity, please email us.
- Payload description: Two optical pods for 360 degree coverage: each 20.1” (51cm) L x 6.2” (16 cm) H x 11.5” (29 cm) D Acoustic subsystem: 34“ (86.3 cm) L x 26.8“ (68 cm) D
- Cameras: Designed for propellant and warhead flash chemistry detection
- Required power: < 300 W
- Weight: 75 pounds (23 kg) when mounted with Kestrel system
- Performance specifications: Detections up to 10km with geolocation accuracy and very low false alarm rates
Data Processing System
- Size: 2u
- Weight : 5 lbs (2.25 kg)
- Power: 50 W
- Capabilities: Provides accurate location cues (not just azimuths) to map layers or required screen display
- Sensors and Systems